Golf Tours in Sri Lanka
Are you a golf enthusiast searching for the perfect golfing experience? Look no further than Sri Lanka! This stunning island nation in the Indian Ocean offers golfers a unique opportunity to play on world-class courses set amidst breathtaking landscapes and rich cultural heritage. Our Golf Tours in Sri Lanka provide an opportunity to immerse yourself in the beauty of the country and challenge yourself on some of the most impressive golf courses in the region. From the scenic vistas of Victoria Golf Course to the challenging fairways of Royal Colombo Golf Club, our tours offer an unparalleled golfing experience. With five of Asia’s finest golf courses, Sri Lanka is an ideal location for a round of golf and sightseeing. Our tours are exclusively designed for golfers of all levels of experience, providing an opportunity to indulge in your passion for the game and explore the wonders of this island paradise. Let us help you create unforgettable memories on the green while exploring the wonders of Sri Lanka.
Top 5 locations for golf tours in Sri Lanka
Are you planning a golf tour in Sri Lanka? You’re in luck, as Sri Lanka is home to some of the most beautiful and challenging golf courses in the world. Here are the top 5 locations for golf tours in Sri Lanka:
- Royal Colombo Golf Club, Colombo: This historic golf course is one of the oldest in Asia, dating back to 1880. It’s a challenging course with tight fairways and small greens, making it a favorite among experienced golfers.
- Victoria Golf Course, Kandy: Surrounded by the misty hills of Kandy, this golf course is known for its stunning beauty and challenging play. It’s also home to the annual Sri Lankan Golf Open.
- Nuwara Eliya Golf Club, Nuwara Eliya: Located in the hill country of Sri Lanka, this golf course is surrounded by tea plantations and offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains. It’s a challenging course with narrow fairways and tricky greens.
- Shangri-La Golf Course, Hambantota: This golf course is part of the luxury Shangri-La resort in Hambantota. It’s set amidst a nature reserve and features a challenging links-style layout with plenty of water hazards.
- Eagles Golf Links, Anuradhapura: Situated on the east coast of Sri Lanka, this golf course offers stunning ocean views and a challenging layout. It’s also home to a variety of wildlife, including monkeys and exotic birds.
1. Royal Colombo Golf Club Colombo
Colombo is home to some great golf courses. A good example of which is Royal Colombo Golf Course. This historic club, founded in 1879, is the oldest golf club in Sri Lanka. The course is well-maintained and offers a challenging round for golfers of all skill levels. With its lush greenery and serene surroundings, it is a beautiful place to play golf. The clubhouse provides an airy and relaxing atmosphere. It is a wonderful place for members and visitors to unwind after a round of golf. As you enter, you will be greeted with a warm welcome by the receptionist at the main entrance to the club, who will be a source of information and guidance.
The weather in Colombo is warm and sunny for most of the year, with temperatures ranging from 70°F to 90°F. The monsoon season, from May to September, can bring some heavy rains, price rates for a round of golf at Royal Colombo Golf Club is around $80, which includes greens fees, cart rental, and any necessary club rental.
Looking for a challenging round of golf in Colombo? Look no further than this public golf course located at WV4M+3MW, Model Farm Rd. With 18 holes and a slope rating of 127 and a course rating of 71.3, this course is sure to challenge even experienced golfers. The course record for men is an impressive 63, while the ladies’ course record is 67. The course is open daily and closes at 11pm, giving golfers plenty of time to enjoy a round. If you have any questions or want to make a reservation, you can call 0112 691 401
2. Victoria Golf and Country Resort Kandy
Moving in from the west coast and to central Sri Lanka you will find Kandy. Located in the heart of the tea country, this resort offers a stunning setting for golfers. The course is surrounded by rolling hills and verdant forests, making it one of the most picturesque places to play golf in Sri Lanka. Victoria Golf and Country Resort is a beautiful property nestled away amidst lush greenery. Guests enjoy free access to the outdoor swimming pool and vast golf course. Free Wi-Fi access is available at all public areas. This elegant resort is located within 21 km from Kandy Railway Station and the ancient Temple of Tooth Relics. Digana Bus Station is 6 km away while Bandaranaike International Airport is 123 km away. The spacious rooms at Victoria Golf & Country Resort feature bright blue shades. Guests can utilize car rental services, barbeque facilities and luggage storage space. Travel arrangements and ticket purchases can be made at the tour desk.
Araliya Restaurant will serve a selection of local Sri Lankan and international dishes from an a la carte menu. For alternative dining options, room service is available. The weather conditions in the hill country is mild and temperate, with daytime highs of 60°F and lows of 80°F. you can check the weather before planning your trip because the monsoon season can bring some heavy rains. At Victoria Golf and Country Resort, a round of golf typically costs around $100, which covers green fees, cart rental, and any necessary club rentals.
Nestled in the lush hills of Kandy, this golf course located at 7Q7F+RHR, Victoria Golf Club Road is a must-visit for any golf enthusiast. The course is surrounded by breathtaking scenery and offers challenging play, making it a favorite among golfers in Sri Lanka. The course is open daily and closes at 9pm, so you can enjoy a round of golf even in the evening. If you have any questions or want to make a reservation, you can call 0812 376 376. So what are you waiting for? Come and experience the beauty and challenge of this stunning golf course in Kandy.
3. Nuwara Eliya Golf Club
If you enjoy tea, you will want to visit Nuwara Eliya as part of your Sri Lanka golf holiday. This town is located in the countryside and hills of central Sri Lanka. It is a great place to see local plants and wildlife, in addition to the tea plantations. The gardens and hedges are all kept in pristine condition and as one would expect from a region which has a rich history of English and Scottish tea developers, Nuwara Eliya is home to a historic golf course. Nuwara Eliya Golf Club was established in 1889 and this makes it one of the oldest golf courses in Asia. The colonial style clubhouse overlooks the first, second and 18th greens and makes a splendid sight when coming down the final fairway. Well-earned reputation as ‘one of the friendliest clubs’ in the country and aim to provide an experience that exceeds expectations, both on the golf course and in the clubhouse. Assisted by a team of highly competent ground staff. Catering facilities are available. Temperatures in Nuwara Eliya range from 50°F to 70°F, making it a cool and mild place to visit. Rainfall during the monsoon season may be quite heavy. At the Nuwara Eliya Golf Club, a round of golf typically costs around $70, which covers greens fees, cart rental, and any required club rentals.
Looking for a classic and historic golf course in Nuwara Eliya? Look no further than this course located at XQC8+M7X. Established on March 13, 1889, this golf course has a rich history and is surrounded by stunning views of the mountains and tea plantations. With a course rating of 68.7 and a slope rating of 129, this golf course is sure to challenge golfers of all levels. The course is open daily and closes at 7pm, giving golfers plenty of time to enjoy a round of golf in the cool mountain air. If you have any questions or want to make a reservation, you can call 0522 222 835. Come and experience the beauty and history of this iconic golf course in Nuwara Eliya.
4. Shangri-La Golf and Country Club Hambantota
Hambantota is the major town of the district with the same name and can be found on the southern coast of Sri Lanka. It can be reached using the E01 coastal road from Colombo and the journey takes between 4 and 5 hours.
Golf lovers can enjoy a tremendous round of golf at Shangri-La Golf and Country Club, which was the first purpose-built golf resort in Sri Lanka. Surrounded by a coconut plantation and the Indian Ocean, the location could not be any better and the golf course is the perfect blend of design and nature. With plenty of water throughout the course, it’s not an easy round but one of the best you will have during a Sri Lanka golf holiday. Shangri-La’s Golf & Country Club, Hambantota, boasts an array of facilities for hotel guests – who are entitled to green fees – and day visitors alike. The Clubhouse overlooks the 18th green; a welcome for golfers and guests post-game, and is home to Ulpatha, the Clubhouse restaurant which offers beers on tap, refreshing drinks from the island bar and delicious, pub-style light bites in a sociable setting. Refreshments are also available on the course, with all electric golf carts equipped with their own cooler boxes.
Temperatures at the Shangri-La Hambantota Golf Club in Sri Lanka range from the mid-70s to the low-90s Fahrenheit due to the warm, sunny weather. With little chance of inclement weather interfering with your round, the warm and muggy climate offers the best conditions for golfing all year long. The cost of a round of golf at the Shangri-La Hambantota Golf Club can range from $75 to $150, depending on the season and any available discounts or packages. Any golfer seeking a top-notch golfing experience should make the trip to the Shangri-La Hambantota Golf Club because of its gorgeous scenery, well-kept course, and welcoming staff.
Looking for a stunning golf course in Ambalantota? Look no further than this course located at Sittrakala Watta, Chithragala. Surrounded by lush greenery and tranquil scenery, this golf course offers a relaxing and rejuvenating golfing experience for players of all levels. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a beginner, this course is sure to provide a satisfying round of golf. If you have any questions or want to make a reservation, you can call 0477 888 888. Come and experience the beauty and serenity of this exceptional golf course in Ambalantota.
5. Eagles’ Heritage Golf Club – Anuradhapura
The Eagles’ Heritage Golf Course is the newest and the only golf course in the Ancient Kingdom of Anuradhapura. It is located approximately 5 km away from the city of Anuradhapura, within the Sri Lanka Air Force Base. This course offers unique facilities for golf enthusiasts and their families. The club house is complete with a restaurant and a bar and fully air-conditioned rooms for the holiday makers. While playing a game of golf, the rest of the family could spend their leisure time enjoying the wonderful and historical sites of the ancient city of Anuradhapura. They can also enjoy the swimming pool and its facilities, the jogging track or the playing area for children. The runway is in close vicinity of the golf course and the club house, which also makes it quite memorable as aircraft fly low and close to the course an enchanting view of the great Nuwara Wewa at the end of the runway enhances the experience, creating a challenging environment for an unforgettable game of golf. Anuradhapura experiences warm, sunny weather the majority of the year, with temperatures between 70°F and 90°F. It’s a good idea to look into the weather before planning your tour because the monsoon season, which lasts from May to September, can bring some heavy rains. Anuradhapura Golf Club typically charges around $80 for a round of golf, which covers green fees, cart rental, and any required club rentals.
Looking for a challenging and scenic golf course in Anuradhapura? Look no further than this course located at 7CWF+JX8. This course offers a unique and memorable golfing experience with its stunning natural surroundings and well-designed course. With a closing time of 6pm, there’s plenty of time for a round of golf before the sun goes down. If you have any questions or want to make a reservation, you can call 0252 227 525. Come and experience the beauty and excitement of this exceptional golf course in Anuradhapura.
If you are planning to go on a golf tour in Sri Lanka, here are some things you should know:
- Weather: Sri Lanka has a tropical climate with high humidity and temperatures throughout the year. The best time to visit for golfing is from December to March when the weather is cooler and drier.
- Golf courses: Sri Lanka has some stunning golf courses, including the Victoria Golf Course, Nuwara Eliya Golf Course, and Royal Colombo Golf Course. It is recommended to book your tee times in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Visa requirements: Visitors to Sri Lanka require a visa, which can be obtained online or on arrival. It is recommended to check the latest visa requirements and regulations before your trip.
- Culture: Sri Lanka has a rich culture and history, and it is important to respect local customs and traditions. Dress modestly when visiting religious sites and remove shoes before entering temples.
- Currency: The currency in Sri Lanka is the Sri Lankan rupee. It is recommended to carry cash as many places do not accept credit cards, especially outside of major cities.
- Transportation: Getting around Sri Lanka can be challenging, especially in rural areas. It is recommended to hire a car and driver, or use taxis or tuk-tuks for short distances.
- Accommodation: Sri Lanka has a range of accommodation options, including luxury hotels and boutique guesthouses. It is recommended to book in advance, especially during peak season.
- Food and drink: Sri Lankan cuisine is delicious and diverse, with influences from Indian, Malay, and Dutch cuisines. It is recommended to try local dishes such as curry and hoppers, but be cautious of spicy food if you are not used to it. It is also important to drink bottled water to avoid getting sick.
- Safety: Sri Lanka is a relatively safe country, but it is recommended to take precautions such as not leaving valuables unattended and avoiding isolated areas, especially at night.
- Language: The official languages of Sri Lanka are Sinhala and Tamil, but English is widely spoken, especially in tourist areas. It is recommended to learn a few basic phrases in the local language to show respect and build relationships with locals.
Why you might need a tour guide for a Golf Tour in Sri Lanka
There are several reasons why you might need a tour guide for a golf tour in Sri Lanka:
- Local Knowledge: A tour guide who is knowledgeable about the area can be incredibly helpful in navigating the local golf courses. They can provide insight on the best courses to play based on your skill level, weather, and personal preferences.
- Language Barrier: If you are not fluent in the local language, a tour guide can help you communicate with the golf course staff and locals.
- Cultural Experience: A tour guide can enhance your experience by introducing you to the local culture and customs. They can show you the best places to eat, shop, and explore during your downtime between golf rounds.
- Logistics: A tour guide can take care of the logistics of your trip, including transportation, accommodations, and scheduling. This allows you to focus on your golf game and enjoy your vacation without worrying about the details.
- Safety: A tour guide can ensure your safety and security during your trip, particularly if you are traveling alone or in an unfamiliar area. They can provide guidance on how to stay safe while exploring the local surroundings.
- Overall, a tour guide can enhance your golf tour in Sri Lanka by providing local knowledge, cultural experiences, logistical support, and safety guidance, allowing you to make the most of your trip.
Sri Lanka is an excellent destination for a golf tour for several reasons:
- Beautiful Scenery: Sri Lanka is a stunning tropical island with lush green landscapes, mountains, and stunning coastal views. Many of the golf courses in Sri Lanka offer panoramic views of the surrounding scenery, making golfing a truly unforgettable experience.
- Diverse Golf Courses: Sri Lanka has a wide variety of golf courses to choose from, ranging from the traditional colonial courses to more modern courses designed by famous golfers. The diversity of courses allows golfers of all levels to find a course that suits their skill level and preferences.
- Year-Round Golfing: The tropical climate in Sri Lanka allows for year-round golfing, making it a great destination for those looking to escape cold winter temperatures. The weather in Sri Lanka is generally warm and sunny, making it a great destination for golfing enthusiasts.
- Affordable: Sri Lanka is an affordable destination compared to other popular golf destinations in Asia. Golf packages and accommodations are relatively affordable, making it a great option for those looking to enjoy golfing without breaking the bank.
- Cultural Experiences: Sri Lanka is a culturally rich destination, with ancient temples, historic forts, and local markets to explore. Golfers can experience the local culture and cuisine during their downtime between golf rounds, making it a well-rounded and unique vacation experience.
Overall, Sri Lanka is a fantastic destination for a golf tour, offering beautiful scenery, diverse golf courses, year-round golfing, affordability, and cultural experiences.
Golfing in Sri Lanka is a memorable experience that you won’t soon forget. It is the ideal location for a round of golf because of the pleasant weather, stunning scenery, and well-kept courses. You will have a blast on the greens whether you are an expert golfer or just getting started.
Your experience will be made even more enjoyable by the friendly and welcoming staff at the golf clubs in Sri Lanka. They will go above and beyond to ensure you have a great time on the course, and they are always available to help you with any questions or concerns you might have.
It’s generally safe to travel to Sri Lanka, including as a golfer. However, it is always a good idea to exercise caution and be aware of your surroundings when visiting any new place. To protect their visitors, Sri Lanka’s golf clubs have security measures in place. You can also take precautions for your own safety by being aware of your possessions and avoiding going to places that are deemed unsafe.